Thursday, November 10, 2005

Happy Veteran's Day

November 11 is Veteran's Day. As a USMC vet, it's an interesting day for me. I didn't serve in combat, but I did serve stateside during the Libya debacle, ermm . . . conflict.
Another fun bit for me is that November 10th is the traditional birthday of the USMC. Two days in a row I get to celebrate. How cool is that?

One of the nicest things someone ever did for me on Veteran's Day was to remember my service, and wish me a Happy Veteran's Day. "You're a vet, right?" he asked.

I know that sounds weird, but it took me by surprise. Someone cared enough to do something as simple as that for me. It made me feel good that he remembered and honored my, albeit limited, service.

Remember to tell the vets you know, will you? Believe me. It'll mean more to them than you think.

No comments: