Thursday, November 02, 2006

Tooele Vote

This upcoming election has been really strange for me. It’s a pretty important one for my city and county. I can’t think of a year when so many important local positions have been up for grabs. From state and national senate and house seats, to the local county commissioner, I’ve got a lot of votes to cast this year.

The real strangeness has come in trying to decide who to vote for. From the bulk mail and billboards and such, each one of these guys (and girls) have certain views that have been potential “deal breakers” for me. I was really up in arms.

Finally, there was a debate for the local level leaders. If you’re in Tooele County, you may find it useful. I know I did. After viewing it, and weighing the pros and cons of each candidate and incumbent, I find myself voting (once again) across partly lines. I’ve never had it be split so evenly between the Democrats and the Republicans before, but there you go.

No. I’m not going to tell you who I’m voting for. You’ll have to figure that out for yourself.

Better yet, figure it out for yourself, and then go vote.

I’m voting early this year. Whether you do it early, or on November 7, just go do it. It’s your right, privilege, and duty as an American citizen. Why wouldn’t you want to exercise your rights?

What’s that? You don’t want to vote because you don’t like any of them? I used to use that excuse, too. Mostly when I was too lazy to look up the issues, and take the time to figure out where each candidate stood.

Stop make excuses and just do it.

No comments: