Thursday, September 07, 2006

Terrorists as Animals

The pundits have started punting again. I shouldn’t be surprised. By trying to lay out the case of the CIA “secret prisons” clearly, President Bush has just given his detractors all the fuel they need to get up on their high horses and pontificate about how Bush needs to be stopped and how they are sooooo much better and more civilized than he is. The rest of the world likes to get in on the Bush bashing, as well.

Now, I’m all for humane treatment of humans. I really am. I also don’t “tow the party line” when it comes to the Republicans. Of course, that’s meaningless because I’m not affiliated with any individual party. The all make me crazy. What I wish some of these people would realize, though, is that the terrorists have left the realm of human beings.

Yeah, you read that right. When these terrorists decided to act like animals and brutally destroy innocents, they quit being humans. They’ve left the path of humanity and chosen the path of the violent animal. Why shouldn’t we treat them like the dangerous animals they really are?

Heck, most animals are less destructive than some of these guys.

Hmmm. Maybe the ASPCA should get involved in dealing with terrorist “rights” instead.

No comments: