Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Greetings from the Basement

Hey everyone,

Wow, my first blog posting. Okay, not really. I've got another blog over at my website Random Tracks, but that's not a good forum to really get personal. That's what I'm hoping to gripe about here.

I find that there is a lot of inequality in the world. I'm not talking about super global issues of wealth management between rich countries, like America, and poor counties, like Haiti. I'm talking about more personal inequities right here in the good 'ol USA. Yup! That's right. I'm creating this blog as a platform to spout off on just about any form on injustice, real or imagined, that affects me personally.

Why from the basement? Well, that's where the majority of my computers are. Don't get the idea I've got a stash of supercomputer mainframes down there or anything. That's just where my den is, along with three very old and clunky computers. A Commodore Amiga 500 (yes, you read that right), a pre OS X Macintosh, and an old Wintel box running Windows '95.

The operative word here is old.
Kind of like how I feel some days.

Why don't I get rid of them? Search me. Maybe I'm just a pack rat when it comes to computers.

I told you I was griping.

No comments: